Now Available – DNS Monitors
Our monitors now support checks of DNS infrastructure!
This lets you verify the underlying routing to critical endpoints.
To create this monitor, go to Monitors > New and choose “DNS” for the “Type”.
You can customize the following options:
- Host/IP: The nameserver to use (if set). If blank, a local lookup will be performed.
- Query: The record to lookup at the nameserver (e.g. example.com).
- Port: The port to use (default = 53).
- Record Type: The type of record to lookup (A, CNAME, MX, NS, PTR, SOA, TXT).
- Expect Data: The result that is expected from the record to lookup (e.g. 12.34.567.890).
If you have questions, please let us know.